Four Helpful Ways to Dramatically Transform Space Lighting Experience
Lightening amplifies the look and mood of the space but many homeowners are unaware of. Therefore, they miss the chance to make a spectacular impact with their lighting plan. Below are some ways that can help you add lighting and alter room perception.
Add a crystal chandelier
There is an array of crystal chandeliers and the price will depend on the kind you buy. Swarovski crystals are extremely expensive, while K9 crystals lie low on the price list. The other popular crystals you can buy from Sofary.com are Italian, Egyptian, Handcut Turkish, Gemcut, and Spectra. You need to be an expert to identify the difference between every kind of crystal.
K9 crystal glass gets manufactured in China. It is used to design hi-end chandeliers because K9 is –
- 15% Lighter than lead crystals, so ceilings don’t get damaged or the chandelier will not fall or break.
- Production cost is low
- Light dispersal properties are low
- The Refractive index is extraordinary, so more shimmer is offered.
- Clarity is also high free of scratches and bubbles. You even enjoy consistent brighter reflective light patterns.
- K9 chandeliers are appealing because they offer a luxury look at an affordable price tag.
The low price does not mean that the quality of the K9 crystal chandelier is compromised. Homeowners who have chosen K9 chandeliers are very happy with their performance. Of course, you can choose Swarovski crystals, it is a great investment. If you choose Moroccan crystal, then be prepared to clean them after a couple of months to maintain its shine and brightness.
Strategic chandelier purchase
To find chandelier within your budget
- Look for online lighting stores like Sofary, who sell products directly from their website. It means you save on middle man cost.
- Choose K9 crystal chandelier, as it will help to save significantly without any compromise to the look, quality, and durability. It looks as elegant as the super expensive chandeliers.
Add accent lighting
Chandeliers are ambient lighting, which helps to illuminate the whole interior space. To make space look more dramatic, you can add accent lighting that includes spotlights, track lights or wall-mounted lights. It is directed to an interesting visual point like to a specific sculpture, artwork, bookcase or plants.
Even architectural details can be highlighted including trims & moldings, a column or a brick wall. An extra dimension gets added to the room making it look large.
It is an indirect lighting form, where fixtures are concealed. The illumination result is diffused soft light. It works great when hidden behind valences or placed over the crown moldings. Use it under the railings and stairs to create a classy well-lit stair.
Add dimmer switches
All three kinds of lighting methods can benefit from dimmer switch use. Dimmer helps to control the level of brightness and thus alter the room ambiance. For example, the study room needs a sufficient amount of light in contrast to your bedroom, where dim lights work best. Dimmer switches are useful in making such changes.
Other advantages of dimmer switches besides controlling the lights include energy efficiency, create mood, easily installed, and increases lighting sources’ lifespan.
In four different ways, lighting design can dramatically impact the space experience in your home.